Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday, July 11th, 2008 Update

I've been getting ready for vacation this week, so I haven't had a lot of time to post messages. The short update on my portfolio is that I lost ground to both the DOW and the S&P on Tuesday, then beat both of them on Wednesday and Thursday. Lately, I've been looking at the stocks I have sold this year to see where they traded after I sold them. Let's just say I'm very happy I sold most of them. One of the things I have said for a long time is that the toughest thing you'll ever learn related to investing is when to sell. Sometimes, this means taking a loss before it turns into a bigger loss. I'll talk about this more when I have time. I'll be on vacation the next week and will probably not be able to post much if at all.

No comments: